Body Lift Atlanta
Excess Skin Removal After Weight Loss
A body lift in Atlanta can restore youthful-looking curves and definition to your physique following significant weight loss. At Killingsworth Center for Plastic Surgery, we understand how difficult yet satisfying it is to lose a substantial amount of weight. It has been a long journey, but you are now living a happier and healthier lifestyle after achieving your weight loss goals. As you look in the mirror, though, you may feel disappointed with what the process has done to your skin. Carrying a large amount of weight stretches the skin. When that weight is lost, you may be left with sagging, loose skin. As a double board-certified Atlanta plastic surgeon, Dr. Christopher Killingsworth and his plastic surgery team offer body lift surgery in Atlanta for patients who want to improve body contours after losing large amounts of weight.*
WHAT IS BODY LIFT SURGERY?
Fighting the battle of obesity and excessive weight is a long process. Once you achieve your ideal weight, you want to feel proud of the way you look. Unfortunately, your skin may not be able to return to a state where it conforms to your contours. Instead, it just hangs loosely from your abdomen, arms, legs, buttocks, and other areas.
Body lift surgery at our Atlanta plastic surgery center uses a combination of body sculpting procedures that can remove excess skin and fat left behind after significant weight loss. The procedure is performed not only for cosmetic reasons but also for clinical reasons. Substantial weight loss can leave behind folds of loose skin; these are ideal places for bacteria and infections to thrive because these areas are both damp from perspiration and difficult to keep clean.*
The areas that can be improved with body lift surgery are:
- Abdomen and groin
- Lower back
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BODY LIFT SURGERY?*
Body lift surgery is one of Dr. Killingsworth’s most personally and professionally satisfying procedures. Dr. Killingsworth and his plastic surgery team are able to use their skills, expertise, and compassion to truly transform lives. Atlanta body lift surgery can help you:
- Achieve an attractive physical appearance after massive weight loss
- Reduce the chances of infection and other conditions that are caused by skin folds
- Feel more confident and successful in your journey to become healthier and happier
* Patients Individual Results May Vary.
BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR BODY LIFT SURGERY?
Plastic surgery after weight loss is not for everyone. Body lift surgery is primarily used for patients who have lost hundreds of pounds or more by following a proper routine of healthy eating and exercise. Patients who lose weight after bariatric surgery may also be good candidates. The techniques that are used for a body lift require extensive incisions, so Dr. Killingsworth and his plastic surgery team speak openly and candidly about the resulting scars and recovery process. Other considerations are:
- Amount of weight that you have lost, with 30% to 50% of your highest weight being the best time for body lift surgery
- Maintaining an ideal weight for two years
- Proven history of continuing with a healthy lifestyle once the target weight is reached
HOW IS BODY LIFT SURGERY PERFORMED?
General anesthesia is required for a full or partial body lift. Dr. Killingsworth and his plastic surgery team may perform lifts on the various parts of your body during one or multiple surgical appointments. To the extent possible, the incisions will be placed in locations where scarring is the least obvious, such as low in the groin area, on the backside of the arm, and other inconspicuous locations. After the incision is made, your plastic surgeon removes small deposits of fat, pulls the skin tight, and trims the excess skin.*
WHAT ARE MY BODY LIFT OPTIONS?*
There are numerous types of body lift techniques, including:
- Full Body Lift: This surgery is the most extensive type of body lift and is only recommended for men and women who have excess skin in the upper, mid, and lower areas of the body. Our body lift surgeons prefer to schedule multiple surgical appointments for full body lifts. The first surgery focuses on the midsection of the body, and the second surgery will be for an upper body lift.
- Upper Body Lift: This body lift technique includes the breasts and arms. Our plastic surgeons perform a breast lift or breast augmentation, as well as an arm lift. We may also recommend a tummy tuck be performed as part of your partial body lift.
- Mid Body Lift: This surgery targets the hips, buttocks, thighs, and abdomen. The incisions are placed along the inner thigh and waistline. During this procedure, your plastic surgeon removes the extra skin and fat, and tightens the underlying muscles with sutures. Because the abdomen is involved in this procedure, the recovery time is longer than with a lower body lift alone.
- Lower Body Lift: This is the most common type of body lift surgery. The lower body lift technique addresses cosmetic concerns in the buttock, thigh, and hip areas. The goal of this surgery is to remove excess skin and add shape to the buttocks and lower body. Your plastic surgeon will make the incisions around your waist and down along the inner thighs.
Recovery after partial and full body lift surgery is very extensive, so you may need to stay in the hospital for a night or two. Dr. Killingsworth and his plastic surgery team will prescribe medication to help with the pain and prevent infection. Common symptoms after body lift surgery are tenderness, swelling, bruising, tingling, itching, and pain. You must remain in bed for a period of time and support your body with pillows. You should not take a shower for at least three days.*
You will also need someone to stay at home with you for at least one to two weeks. You will need to stay home and rest for two to four weeks and avoid exercising for up to three months. Full recovery can take many months, so we encourage you to be patient and allow your body to heal properly.*
HOW MUCH DOES BODY LIFT SURGERY IN ATLANTA COST?
After your consultation, we provide you with a complete cost of your body lift surgery. This type of surgery is not covered by medical insurance. We accept payment by cash, personal check, credit card, CareCredit®, and Alphaeon® Credit financing.
HOW DO I GET STARTED WITH BODY LIFT SURGERY IN ATLANTA?
Dr. Christopher Killingsworth and his staff of plastic surgery professionals would be happy to help you set up a personal consultation to discuss body lift surgery in more detail. Contact our Atlanta office at 678.208.6008, our Cumming, GA office at 678.400.0302, or request an appointment online today.