Brow Lift Atlanta
Brow lift surgery can remove wrinkles from your forehead and reduce the prominence of sagging eyebrows. The forehead area is among the first places to show the signs of facial aging. Furrows, deep wrinkles, and drooping skin may become more apparent as you get older. Our Atlanta plastic surgeon, Dr. Christopher Killingsworth, has years of experience performing brow lift surgery to restore youthfulness to your expression.*
WHAT IS BROW LIFT SURGERY?
Some of the earliest and most prominent signs of facial aging appear on your forehead. Over time, skin begins to lose volume and elasticity in the brow and temple area. Frown lines (vertical creases between your eyebrows), wrinkling across your forehead, and drooping eyebrows can begin to show in your early thirties, making you look tired, angry, sad, and even confused when that is not what you are feeling at all.
At Killingsworth Center for Plastic Surgery, we offer brow lift surgery, also known as a forehead lift, to return your brow to a more youthful shape and position. The brow lift procedure can dramatically minimize the creases and wrinkles located across the forehead and between the eyebrows. Thanks to modern technology and medical advances, today’s brow lift techniques can produce more natural-looking results than in the past.*
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A BROW LIFT?*
Dr. Killingsworth recommends brow lifts to men and women between thirty-five to sixty years old who have lines and creases around the forehead and brows that have dropped lower over the eyes. A forehead lift can:
- Soften lines and creases in the forehead area
- Lift the eyebrows
- Give you a younger-looking, more alert appearance
Brow lift surgery is not recommended for correcting cosmetic concerns at the edge of the eyes or under the eyes.
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR A FOREHEAD LIFT?
There are many types of brow lift surgery techniques available today. The decision regarding which forehead lift is right for you will be determined during your consultation with Dr. Killingsworth at our Atlanta offices. Dr. Killingsworth will encourage you to openly discuss your aesthetic goals before he thoroughly examines your brow to determine if your expectations can be achieved. He will then recommend a brow lift procedure based on your facial anatomy and what will work best for you, as his priority is that you are happy and satisfied with the final results.*
HOW IS BROW LIFT SURGERY PERFORMED?
Most forehead lift procedures are performed with local anesthesia and light sleep sedation, but general anesthesia may also be an option. The length and placement of your incisions will be dependent on the type of brow lift you are having.
Generally, during your forehead lift surgery, Dr. Killingsworth will gently elevate the skin and muscles of your forehead, remove loose skin and excess fat in the brow line, and rearrange the muscles of your forehead (when necessary) before lifting your brow skin to its new position. Upon completion of your brow lift surgery, Dr. Killingsworth will close the incision with sutures or staples and apply a dressing to your face and head to protect the incisions and encourage proper healing.*
WHAT ARE MY BROW LIFT SURGERY OPTIONS?*
There are many different brow lift surgery techniques, including:
- Direct Brow Lift: This procedure is performed through an incision made along the upper edge of the eyebrow. In some cases, the incision may be placed in a wrinkle close to the brow.
- Mid Forehead Lift: The mid forehead lift requires an incision placed in a deep crease in the middle of the forehead.
- Endoscopic Brow Lift: Dr. Killingsworth performs endoscopic brow lift surgery through small incisions hidden behind the hairline. He uses a special telescope called an endoscope, which transmits images from below the skin. With this technique, Dr. Killingsworth can carefully identify and release the muscles that pull your brow down. One advantage of the endoscopic approach is the small incisions and less post-operative numbness.
- Open Forehead Lift: The open forehead lift involves either a coronal incision, which extends from ear to ear and is hidden behind the hairline, a pre-trichal incision that is hidden in the front of the hairline, or a trichophytic incision that is zigzag-shaped and hidden in the fine hair of the hairline. Patients who need more brow elevation may be ideal candidates for an open forehead lift.
Some brow lift surgeries involve moving, rearranging, or weakening the muscles in your forehead and brow area. There are three main muscles in this part of your face, including:
- The Corrugator Muscle: This muscle pulls the innermost area of your eyebrows to the center of your forehead and downward, causing vertical wrinkles to form in the glabella area (the space between your eyebrows) and horizontal wrinkles to form on the bridge of your nose.
- The Frontalis Muscle: This muscle runs from your hairline straight down to your eyebrows and is responsible for elevating your eyebrows and the skin of your forehead, forming horizontal wrinkles across your forehead. The inner (medial) and outer (lateral) parts of the frontalis muscle can function independently, and that is why some people can raise one eyebrow and not the other.
- The Procerus Muscle: This muscle runs from your nasal bone and cartilage at the side of your nose before fanning upwards to the center of your forehead. The procerus muscle pulls the skin at the center of your forehead down, causing transverse wrinkles to form in the glabella region and bridge of your nose.
Because a brow lift is a very subtle procedure, it can make you look years younger without dramatically changing your overall appearance. The results typically last for five to ten years. Besides undergoing brow lift surgery for cosmetic reasons, many patients choose the procedure to improve their vision because excess skin above the eyes can impair vision. Although a brow lift can be performed as an isolated surgery, it is commonly combined with blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), as together these procedures can provide a more rejuvenated look to the entire upper face. By reducing and tightening loose skin above the eyes, forehead lift surgery can create a more refreshed and alert expression.*
HOW MUCH DOES FOREHEAD LIFT SURGERY IN ATLANTA COST?
The extent of correction that is needed via a brow lift varies by patient, so the cost is very individualized. The cost of your forehead lift is determined after your consultation. Payment is due at the time of the surgery, and Killingsworth Center for Plastic Surgery accepts cash, personal checks, credit cards, CareCredit®, and Alphaeon® Credit financing.
HOW DO I GET STARTED WITH BROW LIFT SURGERY IN ATLANTA?
Dr. Christopher Killingsworth and his staff of plastic surgery professionals would be happy to help you set up a personal consultation to discuss forehead lift surgery in more detail. Contact our Atlanta office at 678-208-6008, our Cumming, GA office at 678.400.0302, or request an appointment online today.