Thigh Lift Atlanta
Thigh Lift Surgery
Thigh lift surgery can remove excess, sagging skin to give your thighs a firmer, more toned appearance. If you are bothered by drooping or rippling skin folds on your thighs, these traits may be indicative of poor skin quality resulting from genetics, significant fluctuations in weight, and the natural aging process. Undergoing a thigh lift by double board-certified Atlanta plastic surgeon, Dr. Christopher Killingsworth, can correct these issues and restore youthful-looking shape to your lower body.*
WHAT IS THIGH LIFT SURGERY?
The thighs are one of the more common problem areas for many women and men. Fat is often found throughout the thigh area, specifically on the inner and outer thighs, as well as the hips. Some patients have fat deposits only on the outer edges of the thighs while others have fat bulges on the inside. The thighs and hips contain large amounts of the enzyme lipase (which causes these areas to store fat quickly); this is one reason why the thighs and hips are two areas of the body that seem especially resistant to diet and exercise. Feeling insecure about the way your thighs look will often limit the activities you participate in, as well as the type of clothing you wear. The thigh lift procedure can tighten lax skin around your thighs and remove small amounts of unwanted fat to create a more toned and sculpted frame.*
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A THIGH LIFT?*
Dr. Killingsworth recommends thigh lift surgery for men and women who have sagging skin and extra fat in the thigh area. Ideal candidates are within their ideal weight range and wish to pursue cosmetic surgery to:
- Remove excess skin from the thigh area
- Reduce fatty deposits on the inner and outer thighs
- Improve thigh appearance by enhancing natural contours
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR THIGH LIFT SURGERY?
Dr. Killingsworth will discuss your medical history with you, as well as your procedure goals, to determine if you are an ideal candidate for thigh lift surgery. There are several different types of thigh lift procedures that target certain areas for specific results. During your thigh lift consultation, Dr. Killingsworth will discuss your treatment options and determine which type of thigh lift technique is right for you. He will also discuss pre and post-procedure guidelines to follow, as well as what you can expect following your thigh lift surgery.
HOW IS THIGH LIFT SURGERY PERFORMED?
At Killingsworth Center for Plastic Surgery, Dr. Killingsworth performs thigh lift surgery for patients who want to enhance their leg silhouette by improving the contours of the thighs and decreasing excess skin, fat, saddlebags, irregularities in the skin surface, and overall laxity of the thigh area. Thigh lift surgery is typically performed as an outpatient procedure using general anesthesia. In some cases, however, other methods of anesthesia may be used; this may include intravenous (IV) sedation. The incision patterns Dr. Killingsworth uses will vary depending on the area(s) to be treated and the degree of correction required.*
WHAT ARE MY THIGH LIFT OPTIONS?*
Some of the different types of thigh lift techniques include:
- Medial or Inner Thigh Lift: As indicated by its name, an inner thigh lift targets the inner thighs. During this procedure, Dr. Killingsworth will make an incision at the junction of the thigh and pubic area. He will then remove a small amount of skin and fat before tightening the remaining skin to provide improved leg contours and enhanced skin elasticity. An inner thigh lift can help people who have trouble removing excess fat from the inner thighs despite diet and exercise. An inner thigh lift may also be used to treat lax skin caused by the aging process or substantial weight loss.
- Lateral or Outer Thigh Lift: The bilateral thigh lift procedure is designed to tighten skin on the front and outside of the leg. During a lateral thigh lift, Dr. Killingsworth will make an incision at the top of the leg where the lower edge of your underwear would sit. A certain amount of skin is then removed before Dr. Killingsworth pulls up the remaining skin and attaches it to the same area. A lateral thigh lift serves to tighten skin along both the right and left side of the leg. This procedure is especially helpful for those who have excess skin following substantial weight loss.
- Posterior Thigh Lift: A posterior thigh lift reduces excess skin and fat in the middle and back portions of the thigh. During a posterior thigh lift, Dr. Killingsworth will make an incision in the groin that extends to the back of the crease of the buttock. The skin will then be lifted, and excess skin and fat will be removed to improve thigh contours. A posterior thigh lift is designed for patients who are dissatisfied with the shape of their legs or who would like to remove excess skin after significant weight loss.
After your thigh lift procedure, your incisions will be closed with sutures and you will be instructed to wear a compression garment in order to minimize swelling and promote proper healing. Dr. Killingsworth will use the ideal thigh lift approach for your needs to reduce the appearance of the inner or outer thighs. Thigh lift surgery can help you achieve a body that is slimmer, firmer, and more youthful-looking with contoured thighs that are proportional to your overall body image. As with any surgery he performs, Dr. Killingsworth will make every effort to place the incisions so they can be hidden underneath clothing and, over time, most scars significantly fade.*
Often, thigh lifts are combined with other surgical procedures, such as a tummy tuck, arm lift, breast lift, and liposuction for additional sculpting and the most optimal outcome. The results of thigh lift surgery are visible almost immediately (although it may take several weeks for your final results to fully develop). Thigh lift results are long-lasting and patients are encouraged to maintain a stable weight and establish a regular fitness routine to help sustain their results. A thigh lift should not be considered an easy weight loss solution. This procedure is most effective for those who are close to their ideal weight, but do not like the way their thighs look.*
HOW MUCH DOES THIGH LIFT SURGERY IN ATLANTA COST?
Thigh lift surgery at Killingsworth Center for Plastic Surgery can remove the extra fat and skin from your thigh area to accentuate your lower body contours. The surgery is tailored to each patient, so the cost varies. You receive a complete cost after your consultation, and we accept payment by cash, personal check, credit card, CareCredit®, and Alphaeon® Credit financing.
HOW DO I GET STARTED WITH THIGH LIFT SURGERY IN ATLANTA?
Dr. Christopher Killingsworth and his staff of plastic surgery professionals would be happy to help you set up a personal consultation to discuss thigh lift surgery in more detail. Contact our Atlanta office at 678.208.6008, our Cumming, GA office at 678.400.0302, or request an appointment online today.