Thigh Lift Atlanta
Thigh Lift Surgery
A thigh lift in Atlanta can remove sagging skin to give your thighs a firmer, more toned appearance. Drooping skin folds on your thighs may be a sign of poor skin quality due to genetics, weight loss, or the natural aging process. Dr. Christopher Killingsworth is a double board-certified Atlanta plastic surgeon. He specializes in thigh lifts in Atlanta to correct sagging thigh skin and restore youthful-looking contours.*
WHAT IS THIGH LIFT SURGERY?
Thigh lift surgery provides our Atlanta patients with sculpted, more youthful-looking legs. The thigh lift procedure can tighten skin around your thighs. Thigh surgery removes small amounts of unwanted fat to create a more toned and sculpted frame.* The thighs are a common problem area for many women and men. Fat is often found on the inner thighs, outer thighs, and the hips. Some patients have fat deposits only on the outer edges of the thighs. Other patients may have fat bulges on the inside. The thighs and hips contain large amounts of the enzyme lipase, which causes these areas to store fat quickly. This is one reason why the thighs and hips are two areas of the body that seem resistant to diet and exercise. Feeling insecure about the way your thighs look will often limit the activities you participate in and the clothing you wear.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A THIGH LIFT IN ATLANTA?*
Dr. Killingsworth recommends thigh lift surgery for men and women who have sagging skin and extra fat in the thigh area. Ideal candidates are within their ideal weight range and wish to pursue cosmetic surgery to:
- Remove excess skin from the thigh area
- Reduce fatty deposits on the inner and outer thighs
- Improve thigh appearance by enhancing natural contours
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR THIGH LIFT SURGERY?
Dr. Killingsworth will discuss your medical history with you to determine if you are an ideal candidate for thigh lift surgery. There are several different types of thigh lift procedures that target certain areas for specific results. During your thigh lift consultation, Dr. Killingsworth will discuss your treatment options. He will help determine which type of thigh lift technique is right for you. Pre and post-procedure guidelines to follow will also be discussed during this consultation.
HOW IS AN ATLANTA THIGH LIFT PERFORMED?
Dr. Killingsworth performs thigh lift surgery for patients who want to enhance their leg silhouette. This can be achieved by improving the contours of the thighs and decreasing excess skin, fat, and overall laxity of the thigh area. Thigh lift surgery is typically performed as an outpatient procedure using general anesthesia. In some cases, however, other methods of anesthesia may be used. An alternative type of anesthesia may include intravenous (IV) sedation. The incision patterns Dr. Killingsworth uses will vary depending on the area(s) to be treated and the degree of correction required.*
WHAT ARE MY THIGH LIFT OPTIONS?*
Some of the different types of thigh lift techniques our Atlanta plastic surgeon utilizes include:
- Medial or Inner Thigh Lift: As indicated by its name, an inner thigh lift targets the inner thighs. During this procedure, Dr. Killingsworth will make an incision at the junction of the thigh and pubic area. He will then remove a small amount of skin and fat before tightening the remaining skin to provide improved leg contours and enhanced skin elasticity. An inner thigh lift can help people who have trouble removing excess fat from the inner thighs despite diet and exercise. An inner thigh lift may also be used to treat lax skin caused by the aging process or substantial weight loss.
- Lateral or Outer Thigh Lift: The bilateral thigh lift procedure is designed to tighten skin on the front and outside of the leg. During a lateral thigh lift, Dr. Killingsworth will make an incision at the top of the leg where the lower edge of your underwear would sit. A certain amount of skin is then removed before Dr. Killingsworth pulls up the remaining skin and attaches it to the same area. A lateral thigh lift serves to tighten skin along both the right and left side of the leg. This procedure is especially helpful for those who have excess skin following substantial weight loss.
- Posterior Thigh Lift: A posterior thigh lift reduces excess skin and fat in the middle and back portions of the thigh. During a posterior thigh lift, Dr. Killingsworth will make an incision in the groin that extends to the back of the crease of the buttock. The skin will then be lifted, and excess skin and fat will be removed to improve thigh contours. A posterior thigh lift is designed for patients who are dissatisfied with the shape of their legs or who would like to remove excess skin after significant weight loss.
After your thigh lift procedure, your incisions will be closed with sutures. You will be instructed to wear a compression garment in order to minimize swelling and promote proper healing. Dr. Killingsworth will use the ideal thigh lift approach for your needs to reduce the appearance of the inner or outer thighs. Thigh lift surgery can help you achieve a body that is slimmer, firmer, and more youthful-looking with contoured thighs that are proportional to your overall body image. As with any surgery he performs, Dr. Killingsworth will make every effort to place the incisions so they can be hidden underneath clothing. Over time, most scars significantly fade.*
Often, thigh lifts are combined with other surgical procedures, such as a tummy tuck, arm lift, breast lift, and liposuction for additional sculpting and the most optimal outcome. The results of thigh lift surgery are visible almost immediately (although it may take several weeks for your final results to fully develop). Thigh lift results are long-lasting, and patients are encouraged to maintain a stable weight and establish a regular fitness routine to help sustain their results. A thigh lift should not be considered an easy weight loss solution. This procedure is most effective for those who are close to their ideal weight but do not like the way their thighs look.*
HOW MUCH DOES THIGH LIFT SURGERY IN ATLANTA COST?
Thigh lift surgery at Killingsworth Center for Plastic Surgery can remove the extra fat and skin from your thigh area to accentuate your lower body contours. The surgery is tailored to each patient, so the cost varies. You receive a complete cost after your consultation, and we accept payment by cash, personal check, credit card, CareCredit®, and Alphaeon® Credit financing.
HOW DO I GET STARTED WITH THIGH LIFT SURGERY IN ATLANTA?
Dr. Christopher Killingsworth and his staff of plastic surgery professionals would be happy to help you set up a personal consultation to discuss thigh lift surgery in more detail. Contact our Atlanta office at 678.208.6008, our Cumming, GA office at 678.400.0302, or request an appointment online today.